California Responsible Beverage Service Training
Required for all California bartenders, servers, and waiters who handle and serve alcohol and their managers starting August 31, 2022. Food Service Prep’s California Responsible Beverage Service Training is approved by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and will prepare you for the ABC certification exam.Required for All Alcohol Servers and Managers Starting August 31, 2022
If you take beverage orders, pour drinks for customers, or deliver drinks to customers, this training is for you! You must take it within 60 days of being hired. Looking to get a job as a server? Get ahead of the competition and get your certification today. Managers of servers are also required to take this training and get certified!User-Friendly and Covers all Topics for the ABC Exam!
Food Service Prep’s California RBS Training covers all required topics for the certification and includes 30 practice questions to ensure you are ready to pass the exam.Get Certified in Three Easy Steps!
- 1) Register as a Server With the ABC/RBS
- 2) Complete Our Training
- 3) Pass the ABC Certification Exam Within 30 Days
Free reporting within 24 hours so you can take your exam and complete your RBS certification! You will have 30 days after completion of our course to pass the final exam.The topics covered in this course include:
- The Social Impact of Alcohol
- The Impact of Alcohol on the Body
- State Laws and Regulations Relating to Alcoholic Beverage Control, Including Laws and Regulations Related to Driving Under the Influence
- Intervention Techniques to Prevent the Service or Sale of Alcoholic Beverages to Underage Persons or Intoxicated Patrons
- Development of Management Policies that Support the Prevention of Service or Sale of Alcoholic Beverages to Underage Persons or Intoxicated Patrons
Employer Accounts for Bulk Purchases
If you are an employer, manager, or team lead, we offer employer accounts and a group purchase option! If you purchase more than one training course, you will be given vouchers to distribute to your team. Each team member can them redeem the voucher to take the training. You will be able to track your team’s progress in our employer account view. Learn more about our Employer Accounts.
If you were given a voucher for the California Responsible Beverage Service Training, you will need to create an account and then redeem your voucher.
|Course Title:||California Responsible Beverage Service Training|
|CA Training Program ID:||312724068|
|Add to Cart|
If you're looking for the California Food Handler training, or both California Food and RBS training (best value), you can add the course(s) directly to your cart from here.
1. What is my Server ID number and where do I get it?
Your Server ID number is how the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control will track and ensure you have a valid Responsible Beverage Service certification. To get your Server ID number you will need to create an account on the RBS Portal and then complete the Server Registration form. There is a $3.00 fee associated with the registration process. Watch the video below to learn how to become a registered server or manager:
2. How do I find my server ID number on the RBS portal?
Your Server ID is in the “Server Certificate Details” box on your RBS dashboard. It is called “ID Number” and is a nine-digit number.
3. Can I register for this training without having my RBS Server ID Number?
Yes! You can register for our training without your number. After you purchase the training, we will guide you through the process in order to get your Server ID and you will be prompted to input your RBS Server ID Number upon registration.
4. Is Food Service Prep approved by both the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and the Responsible Beverage Service Program of California?
Yes, Our Responsible Beverage Service Training program is approved by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and the Responsible Beverage Service Program.
5. Can I just take the certification exam or do I have to take an RBS Training Course?
No, you cannot skip the training. In order to get your RBS certification, you must complete a training course prior to taking the exam.
6. Who is required to get their Responsible Beverage Service Certification?
Anyone who does any of the following is considered to be an alcohol server and therefore must become certified in order to continue working:
- Anyone who checks customer’s ID’s to get alcohol service or enter an ABC on-premises licensed establishment
- Anyone who takes customer alcoholic beverage orders
- Anyone who pours alcoholic beverages for customers
- Anyone who delivers alcoholic beverages to customers
Additionally, anyone who directly hires, oversees, or trains alcohol servers is required to be certified.
Any ABC licensee who has an “ABC On-Premises License” will need to have their all members of their team trained and certified in the RBS portal within sixty (60) days of the date of initial employment. This includes but is not limited to restaurants, bars, fast casual dining, tasting rooms (including off-sale locations), hotels, and stadiums.
7. How soon will I receive my certificate for the course I complete?
You will receive a certificate of completion immediately after completing your course. We will submit your course completion information to the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control within 24 hours of your completion.
8. How do I take the RBS exam?
After you have completed your course, we will report it to RBS within 24 hours. You will then be able to access your exam and have 3 attempts to pass it with a 70% or higher. If you do not pass after 3 attempts, you will have to repay your RBS registration fee of $3.00 and retake the RBS training.
9. Is Food Service Prep easy to use?
Yes! We have a very simple to use interface to make your experience as seamless as possible. You can also take the course on any device, phone, tablet, or PC.
10. Can I log out in the middle of the course without losing my progress?
Absolutely! You can take this course at your pace and log in and out as many times as you’d like. We will save your progress so you can resume right where you left off.
For more information about Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) requirements in California, please visit the Alcoholic Beverage Control website.
Employer Accounts / Group Purchase FAQs
1. Do you offer employer accounts or group purchase options?
Yes, please vsit our Employer Accounts page to learn more.
2. How does group purchase work?
If you purchase more than one course at a time, you will be registered as an employer and be provided with voucher codes for each course you purchase. You will then be able to login and download the voucher codes to give to your team. We have made it easy to copy them to clip board, or export to excel, and you can even email them out directly from your employer account page. Your team members will then be able to create an account and use the voucher codes to purchase the classes. When you login, you will be able to see the progress of your entire team.
3. How do I use my Voucher code?
Make sure you are logged in, then click the button above or go click to redeem your voucher.
4. How does your employer account/group purchase program benefit me?
By using our employer account program you will be able to track all of your team's progress in one place with our employer account view report. Also, enjoy up to 20% savings on your purchase.
Simply register, purchase your course, and complete. All of our courses are structured in an easy to follow format.
Take your course anytime, anywhere. Our website is available 24/7 for you to complete your course.
Purchasing continuing education for your employees? We offer discounts starting with purchases of just 5 courses.
A copy of the certificate of completion will be emailed to you immediately upon completion of the course.
Good in all California counties for three years.
We strive for excellence in customer service: if you are not 100% satisfied with our services, we will provide you with a refund.
You can register with an email address and a password. We may ask for more information after you purchase a course.Register Now
Got questions? We are here to help.